Douglas C-47 Skytrain

Douglas C-47 Skytrain est la désignation officielle donnée par l’United States Army Air Forces à l’une des versions militaires du DC-3. Ce fut le modèle le plus construit. Avion de transport polyvalent, robuste et d’entretien aisé, il fut utilisé sur tous les fronts durant la Seconde Guerre mondiale. Baptisé Dakota par la Royal Air Force, qui avait utilisé des DC-3 avant les premières commandes militaires américaines, il fut affectueusement surnommé Gooney Bird par ses équipages américains. Le C-47 a été construit dans deux usines spécialement créées pour en assurer la production, à Long Beach, Californie, et Oklahoma City, Oklahoma best soccer uniforms, la chaîne de production étant indiquée dans la désignation complète des appareils par les lettres ‘DL’ (Long Beach) et ‘DK’ (Oklahoma City).

Désigné DC-3A-360 chez Douglas Aircraft Company dans sa version initiale, le C-47 avait une cellule pratiquement identique à celle du bimoteur civil, mis à part une légère modification de la section centrale de voilure qui accroissait l’envergure de 1,83 m. Curieusement, la capacité des réservoirs d’aile était réduite de 882 à 804 gal USs (3 043 litres au lieu de 3 338 sur le DC-3), mais huit réservoirs souples de 378 litres pouvaient être installés dans le fuselage pour les convoyages. Les 200 premiers appareils construits ne disposaient pas de crochet de remorquage pour planeur, dispositif qui fut ensuite standardisé, modifiant l’aspect de la pointe arrière du fuselage et surtout réduisant la longueur hors-tout de l’avion de 2,74  m. La porte latérale avant gauche était conservée ainsi que la soute à bagages avant à laquelle elle donnait accès, celle-ci étant transformée en poste de radionavigateur. Un astrodôme faisait son apparition au-dessus du fuselage à ce niveau. Instrumentation et commandes de vol ne subissaient pratiquement pas de modifications.

La principale différence était bien entendu l’aménagement de la cabine, le Skytrain se voulant un appareil affecté au transport de fret ou de troupes. 28 hommes pouvaient s’asseoir sur des bancs métalliques articulés le long du fuselage, soit de chaque côté deux sections de cinq hommes à l’avant et une section de quatre à l’arrière. En repliant ces bancs, il devenait possible d’installer 24 civières sur trois niveaux. Les parois du fuselage étaient bien entendu dépourvues d’habillage isolant et insonorisant, et chaque hublot (sept à droite et six à gauche en version standard) était équipé au centre d’un diaphragme caoutchouté permettant aux passagers de l’appareil d’en assurer la défense avec leurs armes individuelles. Il n’y a pas d’exemple connu d’un C-47 ayant réussi à se protéger d’une attaque aérienne grâce aux seuls fusils des fantassins se trouvant à bord. Le plancher était naturellement renforcé mais aucun dispositif embarqué de chargement n’était prévu, pas même de points d’ancrage pour un palan comme sur les C-33 et C-39. Chargement et déchargement s’effectuaient donc manuellement, la partie arrière du plancher étant relevée de façon à se trouver parallèle au sol lorsque l’avion était au parking. On retrouvait à l’arrière gauche du fuselage une double porte de chargement, mais sa conception différait sensiblement de celle des C-33/C-39. La partie arrière (1,41 × 1,791 m), pleine, s’ouvrait vers les empennages (deux types de charnières distincts furent utilisés), tandis que la partie avant (2,146*1,791 m) s’ouvrait vers l’aile et comprenait elle-même une porte d’accès passagers s’ouvrant vers l’intérieur

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Home CARVAJAL 15 Jerseys

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Home CARVAJAL 15 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

.

Le C-47 fut initialement motorisé avec l’équivalent militaire du Pratt & Whitney R-1830-S1C3G Twin Wasp. Désigné R-1830-92, ce groupe était construit essentiellement par Chevrolet sur contrats de l’US Navy et développait officiellement 1 200 ch à 2 700 tr/min, bien que certains manuels militaires indiquent 1 300 ch à 2 800 tr/min. La consommation de carburant était environ 400 l/h.

3 364 C-47B furent commandés mais 3 232 seulement ont été livrés suite aux annulations de commandes à la fin de la guerre, le dernier, un C-47B-50-DK, étant livré le 23 octobre 1945. On compte donc 300 C-47B-1-DL (43-16133/16432) sortis de Long Beach et 2 932 C-47B-1 à B-50-DK (42-93159, 43-48263/49962, 44-76195/77294 et 45-876/1139) produits à Oklahoma City, dont 133 modifiés sur chaîne en TC-47B. Les serials 45-1140 à 45-2544 avaient déjà été attribués aux appareils annulés.

Le C-47B ne servit pas uniquement de cargo militaire ou de transport de troupes : 107 C-47B furent aménagés luxueusement en transport VIP chez Douglas à Omaha avec 21 sièges de type commercial dans une cabine insonorisée équipée de toilettes, office pour production de repas chauds et plancher en contreplaqué. Trois exemplaires reçurent seulement 9 sièges et deux couchettes du type employé sur les DST civils, en faisant des appareils particulièrement confortables. Aucune désignation particulière ne fut attribuée à ces appareils au moment de leur réception par l’Air Force. Ces variations d’équipements expliquent que le prix d’un C-47B ait pu varier de 83 543 à 101 644 U$. 147 C-47B devinrent R4D-6 après transfert à la Navy et 896 furent cédés à la RAF comme Dakota IV.

Le C-47 opère sur tous les théâtres d’opération de la Seconde Guerre mondiale, aussi bien en Europe (ETO et MTO) que dans le Pacifique (POA, SOPAC (en) et SWPA) ou encore sur le théâtre asiatique (CBI) ou américain (ATO) shaver shop.

Il est essentiellement utilisé pour les parachutages, le remorquage des planeurs et le transport de fret. Il est toujours très attendu par les soldats au front, car il apporte notamment le courrier et les colis, qui sont les seuls liens avec la famille et le pays.

Pendant le Blocus de Berlin, les anglais utilisent notamment l’Aéroport de Blackbushe comme base pour leurs Douglas C-47 Skytrain.

Intérieur du C-47

Vue extérieure

C-47 avec marquages de l’USAAF, Rotterdam, 1985

C-47A des forces aériennes portugaises

C-47A des forces aériennes de Suède

C-47 Dakota des forces aériennes grecques

Sur les autres projets Wikimedia :

L’amour ça fait chanter la vie

“L’amour ça fait chanter la vie” (“Love, it makes life sing”) was the Belgian entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 1978 boys drink bottle, performed in French by Jean Vallée. This was Vallée’s second participation in the Contest, in 1970 he had finished 8th with “Viens l’oublier” soccer uniforms wholesale.

“L’amour ça fait chanter la vie” was performed tenth on the night (following Switzerland’s Carole Vinci with “Vivre” and preceding the Netherlands’ Harmony with “‘t Is OK”). At the close of voting, it had received 125 points, coming second in a field of twenty after Israel’s “A-Ba-Ni-Bi”. This would remain Belgium’s best showing in the Contest until Sandra Kim’s win with “J’aime la vie” in 1986.

The song is a dramatic ballad about the power of love, specifically the way in which it can enhance life. The lyrics include the image that love makes one “a musician/A real little Chopin/just for a blonde”. Vallée also recorded the song in English and Spanish as, respectively, “Goodbye” and “El amor hace cantar la vida”.

It was succeeded as Belgian representative in the 1979 Contest by Micha Marah singing “Hey Nana”.

According to John Kennedy O’Connor, the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 spokesperson for San Marino, which had no television at that time (San Marino RTV was established in 1991), non-participating nation Jordan, one of the Arabic World countries that censored the Israeli entry, and their television channel, announced that Belgium won after ending the contest with flowers onscreen. Later, the Arabic World boycotted the 1979 contest discount football tops, including Turkey, which appeared for the second time in 1978.

Federigo Tozzi

Federigo Tozzi (* 1. Januar 1883 in Siena; † 21. März 1920 in Rom) war ein italienischer Schriftsteller.

Federigo Tozzi war Sohn des Gastwirtes Federigo Tozzi (Ghigo del Sasso genannt, geboren in Pari (heute Gemeinde Civitella Paganico)), der in Siena das Restaurant Il Sasso (Trattoria del Sasso, auch del Sasso Rosso genannt) in der Via dei Rossi und Landgüter (Podere Castagneto als Hauptgut (später als Poggio a’ meli literarisch verarbeitet), sowie das Podere Pecorile) südlich von Siena an der Tressa besaß. Seine Mutter war Annunziata Automi. Er war das letzte von acht Kindern meat tenderizer bromelain, die alle im Kindesalter starben, und wurde in der Via Banchi di Sopra nahe dem Arco dei Rossi im angeschlossenen Wohnhaus des Familienrestaurants geboren. Zunächst besuchte er das Seminario Arcivescovile in Siena, dann ging er auf das Gymnasium, von dem er 1895 aufgrund von Fehlverhalten ausgeschlossen wurde. Im gleichen Jahr am 25. Oktober starb seine Mutter. 1902 verließ er endgültig die Schule. Im gleichen Jahr begannen Briefwechsel mit seiner späteren Frau Emma Palagi. Ab 1908 arbeitete er als Bahnbeamter in Pontedera (März und April) und Florenz (bis zum 15. Mai, als sein Vater starb) , danach führte er den Besitz seines Vaters what is meat tenderiser. Ebenfalls 1908 heiratete er Emma Palagi, ein Jahr später im August wurde der gemeinsame Sohn Glauco geboren. 1911 erschien sein erster Gedichtband (La zampogna verde). 1913 begann er die Arbeiten zu seinem ersten Roman Con gli occhi chiusi (dt. Mit geschlossenen Augen), ein stark autobiografisch geprägter Text. Ebenfalls 1913 gründete er mit Domenico Giuliòtti (* 1877 in San Casciano in Val di Pesa; † 1956 in Greve in Chianti) die Zeitschrift La Torre, die nur sieben Ausgaben erreichte. Nach dem Verkauf des Landgutes 1914 ging Tozzi im gleichen Jahr als Journalist nach Rom, wo er vom Kriegsausbruch überrascht zunächst Freiwilliger in der Presseabteilung des Roten Kreuzes wurde. 1918 trat er der Redaktion von Messaggero della Domenica bei. Durch seine schriftstellerische Tätigkeit bei der Zeitung wurden die Schriftsteller Luigi Pirandello und Orio Vergani (* 1898 in Mailand; † 1960 ebd.) auf ihn aufmerksam, die ihn auch förderten. Tozzi starb 1920 in Rom an einer Lungenentzündung thermos flask price.

Federigo Tozzi gilt seit einigen Jahrzehnten als Klassiker der italienischen Moderne, aber auch als einer der wenigen großen toskanischen Autoren. Nach Italo Calvino gehört er zu den großen europäischen Schriftstellern italienischer Herkunft. Sein Stil ist knapp und lakonisch. Laut Alberto Moravia beschreibt Tozzi mit einfachen Worten große Tragödien.

Im Büchermarkt des Deutschlandfunks heißt es am 2. April 2012 in einer Besprechung des 2011 im Wagenbach Verlag erschienenen Romans Mit geschlossenen Augen (Taschenbuch), der 1988 schon einmal (in deutscher Sprache) im Piper Verlag (München) publiziert worden war:

Der Literaturkritiker Giuseppe Petronio (1909–2003) schreibt in seiner Geschichte der italienischen Literatur über Tozzis Werk:

Von einer kritischen Würdigung des großen italienischen Autors in Deutschland kann ansonsten kaum die Rede sein. Tozzi wurde von der deutschen Literaturkritik kaum beachtet.

USS Yankee Hero

The Yankee Hero was an American Sloop-of-War commissioned in Massachusetts colony on January 13, 1776, for use by the new Continental Navy. It was under the command of Captain James Tracy until it was captured by the British on June 7, 1776.

Captain Tracy and a small crew left Newburyport for Boston to take on a full crew for a six-month patrol. As the ship rounded Cape Ann, they spotted another sail. As the Yankee Hero was short-handed, Tracy decided to let it pass. However, some local sailors rendezvoused with them at sea and told them that several transports had been seen close to the Cape that day. Supplemented with fourteen of the local men, bringing his crew to 40 (other accounts say 52), Tracy set after the distant ship

United States Away BRADLEY 4 Jerseys

United States Away BRADLEY 4 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

. When they had approached to within six miles, they could see that it was a ship of war, the HMS Milford. Still short-handed and ill-prepared for a fight, the Captain changed his mind again and ordered the ship around. However, the Milford had spotted them by this time and gave chase. Heavily outgunned and outmanned, the Yankee Hero’s crew was decimated and the ship disabled. At least four of the crew were killed and thirteen wounded, including Captain Tracy.

Considering the great difference in capabilities of the two ships (the Americans had 14 guns, while the British had 32 guns), the Yankee Hero and her crew fought well for two hours before Tracy ordered the colors struck.

The Yankee Hero was refitted by the British and recommissioned as the HMS Postillion in August 1776. Richard Frothingham metal water canteen, in his History of the Siege of Boston, stated that the Yankee Hero was among the vessels that the British stationed at Nantasket after evacuating Boston in March 1776, but that is probably incorrect since the British did not have possession of her until almost three months later.

Der Angriff

Der Angriff (pol.: Atak) – niemieckojęzyczna gazeta założona w Berlinie w 1927 przez NSDAP.

Gazetę założył Joseph Goebbels, który w 1926 roku objął funkcję Gauleitera Berlina. Większość pieniędzy na rozpoczęcie działalności wydawniczej Goebbels otrzymał od partii nazistowskiej. Der Angriff wydawany był w dużym nakładzie. Krytykował “system” używając agresywnego języka, a antyparlamentaryzm i antysemityzm definiowały główne przesłanie gazety. Z gazetą współpracowali najczęściej partyjni funkcjonariusze, a główny artykuł numeru do 1933 roku zwykle był pisany przez wydawcę- Goebbelsa, który podpisywał swoje artykuły jako „Dr. G”.

Po raz pierwszy Der Angriff został wydany 4 lipca 1927 roku przez Angriff Press. Mottem gazety było „Dla uciskanych przeciwko wyzyskowi”. Początkowo ukazywała się raz w tygodniu, a od 1 października 1929 r. dwa razy w tygodniu. Z kolei po 1 października 1932 r. ukazywał się dwa razy dziennie: w południe i wieczorem. Der Angriff zawierał partyjną propagandę, agitowała przeciwko Republice Weimarskiej i wspierała antysemityzm. Prowadziła także regularną nagonkę na szefa policji w Berlinie Bernharda Weissa ponieważ był Żydem.

W 1927 nakład gazety wyniósł około 2,000 egzemplarzy. Z biegiem lat wzrastał i w 1939 wyniósł 146 soccer socks cheap,694 egzemplarze, a w 1944 r. 306,000. Jednakże po dojściu do władzy narodowych socjalistów znaczenie gazety powoli spadało. Wzrost nakładu nastąpił w okresie bombardowań Berlina przez Aliantów po to aby podnieść morale ludności Berlina. Po 19 lutego 1945 r the lemon squeeze. Der Angriff został połączony z Berliner Illustrierte Nachtausgabe. Ostatni numer ukazał się 24 kwietnia 1945 roku.

Nacht-Angriff – dziennik, który także był wydawany przez Goebbelsa.

Der Gegen-Angriff: antifaschistische Wochenschrift – antyfaszystowski tygodnik wydawany w Pradze między 1933 a 1936 rokiem. Miał także swoje wydanie szwajcarskie i paryskie.

Burgrest Ravenstein (Böhmenkirch)

Die Burg Ravenstein stand auf den Turmfelsen über dem Roggental

Der Burgrest Ravenstein ist der Burgstall einer Spornburg auf einem 610 m ü. NN hohen Felsplateau nordwestlich von Steinenkirch, einem Ortsteil der Gemeinde Böhmenkirch im Landkreis Göppingen in Baden-Württemberg.

1090 ließen Albert und Berengar von Ravenstein die Burg als Spähburg mit Holzgebäuden erbauen. Später wurde Burg Ravenstein erweitert und durch Bauten aus Stein ersetzt. Im 17. Jahrhundert soll die Anlage zu einem Schloss ausgebaut worden sein boys soccer t shirts. Historische Zeichnungen lassen die damalige Bedeutung von Schloss Ravenstein erahnen. Sowohl Helfensteiner als auch Rechberger waren Eigentümer der Burg. 1765 wurden die baufälligen Gebäude abgerissen.

Die ehemalige Burg Ravenstein thronte über dem Roggental auf den Ravensteinen. Diese imposanten Turmfelsen werden heute von Klettersportlern genutzt. Zwei hintereinander liegende u-förmige und tief in den Fels gehauene Halsgräben sicherten die Burg auf der Süd- und Ostseite gegen Angreifer von der Albhochfläche. Da die Burg ohne Fundamente auf dem blanken Felsboden erbaut wurde, sind von den Gebäuden keine Grundrisse mehr nachvollziehbar. Erhalten geblieben ist in der Nordecke die in den Fels gehauene Zisterne. Auf dem mit Buchen bewachsenen Felsplateau sind nur noch wenige Mauerreste zu sehen. Einige Löcher weisen auf Kellerräume hin.

Einer der Turmfelsen

Äußerer Halsgraben

Mauerrest am äußeren Halsgraben

Innerer Halsgraben

Zisterne

Blick ins Roggental

Schlösser: Schloss Donzdorf | Schloss Eybach | Schloss Filseck | Helfensteinisches Stadtschloss | Schloss Göppingen | Schloss Liebenstein | Neues Schloss Rechberghausen | Storchen | Wäscherschloss | Schloss Weißenstein | Schloss Winzingen&nbsp womens football shirts;| Schloss Wiesensteig

Burgen und Ruinen: Burgruine Aichelberg | Burgruine Berneck mit Buschelkapelle (Deggingen) | Burg Bühringen | Burgstall Burren | Burgstall Deggingen | Burg Drackenstein | Burg Gruibingen | Burg Helfenstein | Burgruine Hiltenburg | Burg Hoheneybach | Burg Hohenstaufen | Burgstall Hunnenburg | Burg Landsöhr | Burgruine Leimburg | Burg Lotenberg | Burg Mühlhausen (Mühlhausen im Täle)&nbsp safest reusable water bottle;| Burg Oberrommental | Ödenturm | Burg Ramsberg | Burgrest Ravenstein | Burg Roggenstein&nbsp cool soccer goalie jerseys;| Burg Scharfenberg | Burg Spitzenberg | Burg Staufeneck | Burg Türkheim | Ruine Turmberg | Burg Zillenhart

Milonga

Milonga bezeichnet:

Laut José Gobello (Präsident der Academia Porteña del Lunfardo) entstammt das Wort milonga der südwestafrikanischen Bantu-Sprache Kimbundu und ist der Plural von mulonga „Gerede“. Ganz in diesem ursprünglichen Sinne bedeutet milongas (pluralisch gebraucht) im heutigen Umgangsspanisch noch „Lug und Trug“.

Einerseits geht die Milonga auf den afroamerikanischen Candombe zurück; ihr Rhythmus lässt sich lautmalerisch als „borocotó, borocotó, borocotó, chas, chas“ beschreiben.

Andererseits sind ihre Liedtexte eine Weiterentwicklung der improvisierten Payadas der Gauchos, oftmals mit Wechselgesang.

Notiert wird die Milonga im 2/4– oder 4/4-Takt.

Man unterscheidet:

„Milonga sentimental“ (Komponist: Sebastián Piana; Textdichter: Homero Manzi, 1931)

Selbstbezüglich erzählt das Lied davon, dass es geschaffen wurde, um an eine gescheiterte Liebesbeziehung zu erinnern, steter Topos der Tango-Lyrik. Während jedoch in der Tango-Poesie das lyrische Ich in machistischem Selbstmitleid verharrt (und oft aus Kummer „stirbt“), findet es in der Milonga-Lyrik im beschwingten Rhythmus dieses musikalischen Genres Trost, um immer wieder über ein Scheitern hinwegzukommen:

Insofern kann man die Milonga als die fröhlichere Schwester des Tangos bezeichnen sports water bottles cheap.

Schon im 19. Jahrhundert erfreut sich die Milonga als Volkstanz großer Popularität. Tänzerisch gilt die Milonga als die schnelle Vorläuferin des Tangos; sie wird mit ausgewählten Tangobewegungen getanzt:

Heutzutage unterscheidet man zwei Hauptstilarten:

Seit 1872 ist der Begriff Milonga in der Bedeutung „Tanzveranstaltung“ belegt. Heutzutage treffen sich Tangotänzer (traditionell als Milonguera und Milonguero bezeichnet – aktueller als Tanguera und Tanguero) zu Milongas, um zu den drei Rhythmen zu tanzen: Tango, Vals und Milonga (Musik). Jeweils drei bis fünf Stücke eines Typs bilden sogenannte Tandas, die durch kurze musikalische Intermezzi (Cortinas) unterbrochen werden können. Der Ablauf einer Milonga wird durch verschiedene Sitten (Códigos) geordnet, diese können durchaus von Veranstaltung zu Veranstaltung differieren.

Rund um die Tanzfläche sind Tische angeordnet. Zum Tanz eingeladen wird durch Aufnahme von Blickkontakt (Mirada) und das Kopfnicken (Cabeceo); in der Regel fordert der Mann die Frau auf. Am Ende einer Tanda bedankt und verabschiedet man sich, der Mann geleitet die Frau zu ihrem Platz zurück (sehr traditionell). Sich zu trennen, während eine Tanda noch nicht zu Ende gespielt wurde – oder gar vor dem Ende eines Stückes – gilt als unhöflich und demütigend.

Milongas, auf denen es normal ist, dass auch Damen auffordern, werden spätestens seit dem 21. Jahrhundert von Damen bevorzugt, die sich nicht “stundenlang die Beine in den Bauch sitzen” wollen. Viele Frauen und Männer, die heute auf Milongas gehen, wollen nicht auf das Stückchen Emanzipation verzichten, für das sie sich seit der Studentenbewegung schon in jungen Jahren eingesetzt hatten, und trotzdem den Tango genießen jakarta meat tenderizer.

Auch die Queer-Tango-Bewegung versucht, die heteronormative Geschlechterrollenverteilung aufzubrechen, um dadurch auch Lesben, Schwulen, Bisexuellen und Transsexuellen eine Heimat im Tango zu geben; es haben sich auch eigenen ‘Queer-Milongas’ und Queer-Tango-Festivals entwickelt.

Tanzveranstaltungen für Tango Argentino finden regelmäßig in denselben Lokalen statt, die in diesem Kontext ebenfalls Milonga genannt werden. Solche Tango-Tanzlokale tragen auch in Deutschland oft spanische Namen, wie z. B. La Bruja, Cafetín de Buenos Aires football shirt numbers, Milonga Orillera, La Calesita… Häufig finden vor Beginn Tanzkurse oder Prácticas (Übungsstunden) statt und manchmal gibt es Show- oder Orchestereinlagen während einer Milonga.

In Buenos Aires ist die Milongakultur, bedingt durch das von der argentinischen Militärdiktatur verhängte Versammlungsverbot, lange Zeit nur im Untergrund gepflegt worden. Seit Anfang der 1990er Jahre nimmt hier der Tango Argentino eine sehr dynamische Entwicklung. Viele neue Milongas wurden ins Leben gerufen, so dass heute täglich ein Angebot an mindestens 15 verschiedenen Veranstaltungen besteht, donnerstags bis sonntags sind es sogar bedeutend mehr. Alle aktuellen Informationen über Milongas in Buenos Aires findet man in der Zeitschrift El Tangauta; zu den wichtigsten Veranstaltungsorten in Buenos Aires zählen:

Dead River (Lake County, Florida)

The Dead River, found in Lake County, Florida, serves as the division between the cities of Tavares and Leesburg. It received its name due to lack of a current. Studies[which?] have shown that a simple john boat can remain in nearly same position if left on the river overnight with less than five feet of drift. The Dead River connects Lake Eustis and Lake Harris. The only roadway to cross the river is U.S. Highway 441/SR 44 near the river’s northern mouth toward Lake Eustis. There are two businesses located directly on the river glass bottles wholesale. These are Hurricanes Dockside Grill (2017) previously known as Dead River Vic’s (1999) Harbor Side (2006) where to get cheap football shirts, Nates River Deck (2008), JJ Fin’s (2009) and across Highway 441 opposite from Hurricanes Dockside Grill there is a fish camp/restaurant named Palm Gardens. For a historical look at Lake County waters, this was written in the 1930s:[by whom

United States Home CHANDLER 21 Jerseys

United States Home CHANDLER 21 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

?]

Amid the slopes and waters of beautiful Lake County, are Leesburg, Eustis, Tavares, and Mount Dora, all possessed of excellent tourist accommodations and such natural and man-made beauty, combined with all sorts of sport advantages, that the sport-loving visitor is thrilled. Bass fishing surpasses anything you have ever known in that line. Citrus fruits and other products abound. Golf courses are found in every community. As an all-year resort section, this is hard to equal.

On June 18, 2003, Brian Griffin runners belts, 12, was killed by a 10′ 4″ alligator while swimming in the Dead River near a boat ramp.

Coordinates:

Tiruneelanakka Nayanar

Tiruneelanakka Nayanar (also spelt as Tirunilanakka Nayanar and Thiru Neela Nakka Nayanar), also known Tiruneelanakka, Nilanakkar and Nilanakkan, was a Nayanar saint, venerated in the Hindu sect of Shaivism. He is generally counted as the twenty-eighth in the list of 63 Nayanars. He is described as a contemporary of Sambandar (first half of the 7th century CE), one of the most prominent Nayanars.

The life of Tiruneelanakka Nayanar is described in the Tamil Periya Puranam by Sekkizhar (12th century), which is a hagiography of the 63 Nayanars.

Tiruneelanakka Nayanar was born in Sattamangai (Thirusathamangai/Satthamangkai), an important town in the Chola kingdom. The town is currently called Seeyathamangai, Nagapattinam district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The Ayavantheeswarar temple dedicated to the god Shiva, patron of Shaivism, stands in this town. Tiruneelanakka was born in family of Brahmins (priest caste), whose duty was to recite the Vedic scriptures.An expert in the Vedas papain tenderizer, he was a staunch devotee of Shiva and served his devotees, by washing their feet and welcoming them to his home. He used to worship in the temple as the Agamic texts.

Once on the day of Poornima (the full moon day), Tiruneelanakka and his wife went to the Shiva shrine. While Tiruneelanakka was performing his daily ritual worship of the lingam (aniconic form of Shiva worshipped as the central icon in temples), a spider fell from his web on the lingam. The wife blew away the spider, wherein some saliva could have fallen on the lingam. In some versions, she goes a step further and spits on the spot where the spider falls. This action was in accordance of the tradition of spitting on a part of a child where the spider fell so as the poison of the spider does not spread in the body. Tiruneelanakka considered her action blasphemous and asked the wife what she had done. She replied she just blew away the spider as per tradition. The infuriated Brahmin said that she had contaminated the lingam by her saliva, as per Agamic scriptures and she should have removed the spider by some other means. The Brahmin offered rituals to purify the lingam and apologized to the god. Further, he abandoned his wife in fury.

While the wife spent her night in the temple, Tiruneelanakka went home and slept. Shiva appeared in Tiruneelanakka’s dream. While a part of body was normal, rest of it was swollen by the spider’s poison. Shiva remarked that his normal area was where Tiruneelanakka’s wife had blew/spat. Tiruneelanakka realized that devotion (love) was superior to rituals. In the dawn, he went dancing to the temple and worshipped Ayavantheeswarar. He returned with his wife. Tiruneelanakka continued to serve Shiva and his devotees with love.

Having heard of the child saint Sambandar’s glories, Tiruneelanakka visited to meet him in person. Tiruneelanakka heard that the Nayanar Sambandar accompanied by another Nayanar Tiru Nilakanta Yazhpanar and an entourage of devotees were coming to Sattamangai. Tiruneelanakka decorated Sattamangai for welcoming Sambandar and hosted him at his home. He honoured Sambandar with due respect. Tiruneelanakka made numerous arrangements for Sambandar to spend the night at his house.

Sambandar also suggested that Yazhpanar and his wife – who were travelling minstrels and composed music to Sambandar’s hymns – be given accommodation. The caste-conscious host was uneasy inviting the Shudra (low-caste) couple of Tiru Nilakanta Yazhpanar and his wife home. After insistence by Sambanar, the host gave them place to sleep near the homa kunda, the fire altar used for sacrifices. The fire of homa kunda shone brightly in the night, giving testimony to the couple’s devotion. Tiruneelanakka discerned that devotion is superior to caste barriers too.

Sambandar accompanied Tiruneelanakka to the Ayavantheeswarar temple and composed an hymn in honour of the god and his host Tiruneelanakka Nayanar. Tiruneelanakka wanted to accompany Sambanar on his travels, but the child saint instructed Tiruneelanakka to stay in Sattamangai and serve Ayavantheeswarar and his devotees. Sambanar left and Tiruneelanakka complied.

After a while, Sambandar invited Tiruneelanakka Nayanar to his wedding in Thirumana Nallur (presently known as Achalpuram). Tiruneelanakka officiated as the presiding priest of the wedding ceremony. After the wedding, Sambandar what are meat tenderizers, his bride and the wedding party went the Shivaloka Thyagar temple of Shiva, in Thirumana Nallur. Sambandar prayed to Shiva, seeking salvation. Shiva appeared as a blazing flame and granted his wish. Then Sambandar, his bride and all the wedding guests, including Tiruneelanakka Nayanar merged in the Light of Shiva.

One of the most prominent Nayanars, Sundarar (8th century) venerates Tiruneelanakka Nayanar in the Tiruthonda Thogai, a hymn to Nayanar saints, calling him Nilanakkan of Sattamangai. As mentioned in the earlier section, a hymn by Sambanar also honours him.

An image of Tiruneelanakka Nayanar is worshipped in Ayavantheeswarar temple, the Shiva temple in his native village.

Tiruneelanakka Nayanar is worshipped in the Tamil month of Vaikasi, when the moon enters the Mula nakshatra (lunar mansion). He is depicted with a crown and folded hands (see Anjali mudra). He receives collective worship as part of the 63 Nayanars. Their icons and brief accounts of his deeds are found in many Shiva temples in Tamil Nadu. Their images are taken out in procession in festivals.