Leatherlips

Leatherlips (1732–1810) was a Wyandot Native American leader of the late 18th and early 19th century.

Leatherlips had three Wyandot names. The one most often used was SHA‑TE‑YAH‑RON‑YA but he was sometimes referred to as THA‑TEY‑YAN‑A‑YOH. In later years he was called SOU‑CHA‑ET‑ESS, which means “Long Gray Hair”. He was of the Porcupine Clan as was his great friend, Chief Tarhe, and he was related to Roundhead running gear phone holder, Splitlog and Battise, noted Wyandot warriors of that period.

Wyandots were decimated by disease and a disastrous war with the Five Nations of the Iroquois. Forced out of their homeland near Georgian Bay, they moved to the Ohio country. Leatherlips, an important leader, signed the Treaty of Greenville and encouraged cooperation with white settlers near the end of his life. That policy of accommodating Europeans led to conflict with a movement led by two Shawnee brothers homemade steak tenderizer, Tecumseh and Tenskwatawa (The Prophet). Tenskwatawa reacted strongly against Leatherlips and condemned him to death for signing away native lands, and for witchcraft.

In 1810 the best goalkeeper gloves, Leatherlips’ brother Roundhead, a fellow Wyandot chief, ordered his execution. Leatherlips was condemned to death by other natives for his desire to cooperate with white settlers. Not only was Leathlerlips opposed to Tecumseh’s Confederacy against the United States, but he had also sold native land to William Henry Harrison meat tenderizer jellyfish. However, it is widely believed that Leatherlips was executed for exaggerated charges of witchcraft to draw attention away from the true political motives. While it is unknown if Roundhead took direct part in the execution of Leatherlips, he did head the council that called for his death.

Dispatched by Roundhead, six Wyandots traveled to what is now Dublin, Ohio just north of Columbus and announced the death sentence. Although white settlers led by John Sells pleaded for the old chief and attempted to bribe the death squad, the trial and sentencing were swift. After clothing himself in his finest attire, Leatherlips, joined by his executioners, sang the death chant and prayed. Then he was killed by tomahawk.

According to the book This is Ohio by Grace Goulder, the execution took place at the entrance to the caves that are now known as the Olentangy Indian Caverns, located north of Dublin, Ohio and south of Delaware, Ohio. According to information from the Olentangy Indian Caverns, the caverns were used by the Wyandot people up until 1810 (the year of Leatherlips’ death and also the first recorded incident of a European traveler entering the caves) as a shelter from the weather and a place to seclude themselves from another nearby tribe, the Delaware people.

A monument to Leatherlips and a memorial art sculpture are tourist stops in Dublin, Ohio today.

Heilbronn Hauptbahnhof

Heilbronn Hauptbahnhof ( listen) is the main passenger railway station in Heilbronn in the German state of Baden-Württemberg.

Heilbronn Hauptbahnhof is located about 1 km west of the inner city of Heilbronn and the Old Neckar on a 1 km wide island between the old Neckar and the modern canalised Neckar. Southwest of the modern Neckar is the Heilbronn goods yard. At the western end of the station is the beginning of Bahnhofstraße (station street), which runs over the Friedrich Ebert Bridge and is a direct extension of Kaiserstrasse running to Marktplatz (market square), the historic centre of Heilbronn.

The main building was completed in 1958 to a design by Hellmut Kasel, based on a preliminary draft by Emil Schuh. The station’s front has the canopy roof architecture of the time worlds best water bottle. The station building has a width of 120 m and is built out of concrete and glass, with a copper-covered roof. The central part of the building is a long hall with a glass front, 40 m long, 11.5 m wide and 7.5 m high. The floor of the lobby is made of Jurassic limestone tiles, and the walls are covered with Jurassic and Travertine panels. The ceiling includes a Rabitzkonstruktion (an installation of wire-reinforced plaster, invented by Carl Rabitz), consisting of panels that are sprayed with blue plaster.

The entire lobby is divided by vertical and horizontal lines meat tenderizer jellyfish. The southeast side of the hall consists almost entirely of glass.

To the west of the lobby there was formerly a restaurant, where there is still a stained glass window by Friedrich Knoedler. The west wing has a large open terrace on the ground floor and the former restaurant upstairs. The walls of the restaurant upstairs are covered with elm and maple. There is also a wall mosaic by Friedrich Knoedler. On the staircase there is also a statue of a girl with a fish by Hermann Koziol.

At the eastern end of the station there is a three storey office building. On the eastern wall of the reception building is a colourful metal relief in silicate paint and wrought iron made in 1958 by Peter Jakob Schober, called “Travel by train—Heilbronn and the world” (Reisen mit der Bahn—Heilbronn und die Welt), which includes symbols of Heilbronn and the world.

The stained glass windows of the subway were created by Valentin Saile.

In the autumn of 1958, a new roof was built above the bus station in front of the station, which was designed by Heinrich Röhm. It was 20 m long and 3.40 m wide and has been described as a “sleek airplane-like structure”. It rested on five pillars

Argentina Home BIGLIA 6 Jerseys

Argentina Home BIGLIA 6 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

. The roof was replaced by a suspended honeycomb structure in 1980.

In 2001, a new canopy was built to connect the station with the Heilbronn Stadtbahn stop and the bus station. This was designed by Fritz Auer, Carlo Weber and Götz Guggenberger.

In November 2013, it was decided to name the station forecourt as Willy-Brandt-Platz. It was officially named on 18 December 2013 on the occasion of the 100th birthday of Willy Brandt. The stops for buses and the Stadtbahn outside the station was renamed at the 2013/2014 timetable change in December 2013. It is now officially called Heilbronn Hauptbahnhof/Willy-Brandt-Platz.

The original Heilbronn station of 1848 was built a little further east on the Neckar River near the harbour. The tracks to this station ran further south along the modern Bahnhofstrasse.

The re-routing of the line and the increase in traffic meant that a new station was built at the current location in 1873. The station building of 1873 was destroyed in an air raid on Heilbronn on 4 December 1944. Today’s station was built on its foundations.

Old station of 1848

1873 station

Plan of the Hauptbahnhof from 1895

Street map showing station tracks in 1903

Mühlacker station is classified by Deutsche Bahn as a category 2 station custom team jerseys.

The station is served by the following lines:

The following lines operate through Heilbronn Hauptbahnhof: