Santika Club fire

The Santika Club fire occurred on Thursday 1 January 2009, in the Santika Club nightclub in Watthana, Bangkok, Thailand, where New Year celebrations were taking place. A total of 66 people were killed and another 222 injured when fire swept through the nightclub during the New Year’s celebration as a band, coincidentally called “Burn”, was playing. By another coincidence, the party was named “Santika’s Last Night”. The fire broke out at 00:35 am. and citizens of thirteen countries were among the injured.

No official cause for the Santika fire has been announced by investigators. Suggested causes include outdoor fireworks that set the roof on fire, sparklers lighted inside the nightclub, or an electrical explosion. One witness stated there were no pyrotechnics in the club, while another reported seeing flames on the roof after going outside to watch the midnight fireworks display.[citation needed]

Video recordings of the indoor stage event, including the countdown to midnight, show that only ordinary holiday sparklers were used. Moreover, the fire became visible indoors approximately 10 minutes after midnight.[citation needed] This strongly suggests the fire originated inside the ceiling space or on the roof, allowing it to grow in intensity while going unnoticed for some time. Due to the lax enforcement of building regulations, tar paper and plastic are often used as waterproofing materials.

Around 1,000 guests and employees were in the club when it burned, and deaths occurred from smoke inhalation, burns and being crushed during a stampede for the exit. Doctors stated that fumes from burning plastic could have caused people to faint after a few minutes. Santika only had one main exit, with an additional private staff exit. A third exit was locked to prevent robberies.

The injured were taken to 19 hospitals, with most brought to Bangkok Hospital. Only 29 of the 61 bodies were immediately identified, of these 28 were Thais and the other a Singaporean. The bodies of those who died were wrapped in white cloth and placed in the club’s car park pending removal. It took up to a week to identify the others because of extensive burns to their bodies. Pongsak Kasemsan mexican lime squeezer, an official in Bangkok, ordered a preliminary investigation, with results by January 4.

After a preliminary inspection of the club’s safety system, it was declared “substandard” by police Lieut. Gen. Jongrak Jutanont. It was revealed the club only had one fire extinguisher, and that the nightclub was registered as a food vendor (restaurant), meaning it was required by law to close at midnight.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva visited the site and said, “The question is why they let someone take fireworks inside the pub and light them up lifefactory glass water bottle.”

The owner of the Santika Club was charged, along with twelve other directors. The owner was also charged with allowing an underage customer into the club after a 17-year-old student’s body was recovered. He faced a further charge of carelessness resulting in death.

Two parallel investigations were launched, one by the police and one by the Ministry of Justice. The police blamed the lead singer of “Burn” for setting off fireworks on stage, and the club owner for recklessness and for illegally admitting people under the age of 19. The Ministry of Justice investigation discovered the nightclub was officially registered as a private residence and therefore had never received a fire safety inspection. It was also located in a zone where nightclubs are prohibited and the city architect’s signature approving the club’s design had been forged. Between 2004 and 2006, police had filed 47 charges against the club’s owners for illegal operation

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Home JAMES 10 Jerseys

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Home JAMES 10 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

. After that, however, no charges were filed. Suspicions of corruption were raised when one of the co-owners was identified as a senior police officer. When the Ministry of Justice investigation was turned over to the police, sources close to the Minister reported he was furious.

On 20 Sept 2011, the Southern Bangkok Criminal Court found two persons—Wisuk Setsawat, the pub owner, and Boonchu Laorinath, the light and sound company’s owner—guilty of negligence. Wisuth and Boonchoo were given three-year jail terms. Boonchoo was also ordered to pay Bt8.5 million in compensation to five plaintiffs, relatives of the victims.

On 22 Oct 2013 dry bag camera, the Court of Appeal acquitted Setsawat of gross negligence. On 25 Apr 2014, the Southern Bangkok Criminal Court found Setsawat guilty of excise tax violations and sentenced him to one year in prison.

News related to New Year fire kills at least 59, injures 212 more at Bangkok pub at Wikinews

Kirche (Krummhardt)

Die Kirche im Weiler Krummhardt, Landkreis Esslingen evercare small fabric shaver, ist ein mittelalterliches Gotteshaus, das im Stil des Bauernbarock ausgestaltet ist.

Die heutige Kirche wurde wahrscheinlich im späten 15. Jahrhundert gebaut best manual orange juicer; das älteste datierte Ausstattungsstück ist eine der beiden Glocken im Dachreiter. Sie wurde laut Inschrift im Jahr 1487 gegossen. Ob es einen Vorgängerbau zu der Kirche gab, ist unbekannt.

Die erste urkundliche Erwähnung Krummhardts fand am 26. September 1399 statt, 1442 gehörte der Ort mitsamt seinem Burgstall den Herren von Stetten und 1450 brannte er komplett nieder. In den nachfolgenden Jahrzehnten wurde Krummhardt wieder aufgebaut. 1483 findet sich die Erwähnung einer „neuen Kapelle des Weilers Krumenhardt, der zur Gemeinde Schanbach gehört“.

1534 wurde unter Ulrich von Württemberg die Reformation in Krummhardt eingeführt; seitdem ist die kleine Kirche ein evangelisches Gotteshaus. Etwa 30 Jahre nach der Reformation bekam Aichelberg einen eigenen Pfarrer. Krummhardt und Schanbach wurden dort eingemeindet.

Im 18. Jahrhundert wurden Decke, Brüstungen und Kanzel bemalt. Neben Blumen- und Obstmotiven sind auch heitere Gesichter zu erkennen; die Kanzel trägt außerdem Bibelzitate als Aufschriften. Als schönstes bemaltes Stück in der Kirche gilt der Patronatsstuhl des Müllers Jacob Schwilck aus Baach, das bis 1845 kirchlich zu Krummhardt gehörte. Er ist mit einem Mühlrad geschmückt. Ursprünglich unten im Kirchenraum platziert, wurde er auf die Empore gestellt, als die neue Orgel angeschafft wurde.

1878 erfolgte die Anschaffung des ersten Harmoniums für die Kirche, um 1900 wurde ein Wandkruzifix angebracht, das Krummhardter Bürger gestiftet hatten.

Am Vorabend des Kirchweihfestes 1956 stürzte ein Teil des Kirchendaches ein. In der Folge wurde nicht nur das Dach renoviert, sondern auch das Gestühl erneuert und mit einer Heizung versehen. Außerdem wurden die Malereien restauriert und der Glockenstuhl für den Einbau einer zweiten Glocke vorbereitet, die 1963 aufgehängt wurde. Auch ein elektrisches Läutwerk wurde im Zuge dieser Reparaturen und Umgestaltungen eingebaut.

Emil Homolka schuf 1966 ein Bronzekreuz mit Christusgestalt für den Altar. 1986 wurde die alte elektrische Orgel durch einen Bau der Orgelfabrik Tzschöckel in Althütte-Fautspach ersetzt. Der Prospekt der neuen Orgel wurde der restlichen Kircheneinrichtung nachempfunden.

1999 wurde der Vorplatz der Kirche umgestaltet. Zwei alte Akazien, die bis dahin vor der Kirche gestanden hatten, mussten gefällt werden und wurden durch eine Kugelrobinie ersetzt. 2005 wurden Malerarbeiten ausgeführt. 2009 schlossen sich die Kirchengemeinden Aichelberg, Aichschieß-Krummhardt und Schanbach zur Kirchengemeinde Aichwald zusammen. Hinter der Krummhardter Kirche wurde aus diesem Anlass der sogenannte Fusionsbaum, ein Kugelahorn, gepflanzt.

Die ältere Glocke misst 52 cm im Durchmesser und ist auf den Ton g gestimmt mexican lime squeezer. Es handelt sich dabei um die älteste bekannte signierte Glocke Pantlion Sydlers aus Esslingen. Sie trägt die Aufschrift „+ osana . hais . ich . pantlion . sidler . von . eslingen . gos . mich meat tenderization. do . man . zalt . m . cccc . lxxxvii . iar.“ Sie wird als Taufglocke genutzt; 1963 kam die Sterbe- und Vaterunserglocke hinzu, die auf e gestimmt und mit der Aufschrift „Ehre sei Gott in der Höhe“ versehen ist.

Koordinaten:

A-Ma Temple

A-Ma Temple (Chinese: 媽閣廟; Cantonese Yale: Mā Gok Miuh; Portuguese: Templo de A-Má) mexican lime squeezer, situated on the southwest tip of the Macau Peninsula, is one of the oldest Taoist temples in Macau. Built in 1488, the temple is dedicated to Matsu mens pink football socks, the goddess of seafarers and fishermen.

The name Macau is thought to be derived from the name of the temple. It is said that when the Portuguese sailors landed at the coast just outside the temple and asked the name of the place, the natives replied “媽閣” (Jyutping: “Maa1 Gok3”) or “A-Ma-Gau” (Bay of goddess A-Ma). The Portuguese then named the peninsula “Macau”. The temple was well described in ancient Chinese texts, as well as represented in paintings, related to Macao philip shaver house. It is also one of the first scenes photographed in Macao.

Temple consists of six main parts: Gate Pavilion, the Memorial Arch, the Prayer Hall, the Hall of Benevolence (the oldest part of the temple), the Hall of Guanyin, Zhengjiao Chanlin – Buddhist Pavilion.

In 2005, the temple became one of the designated sites of the Historic Centre of Macau, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

The building in the temple running hydration belt reviews.

Boat model inside A-ma Temple, Macao.

The main hall of A-Ma Temple.

World Heritage marker

A tree surrounded by prayer cards inside A-Ma Temple

Coordinates: